Sunday, August 26, 2012

A disappointment and a work in progress.

The new refrigerator was delivered yesterday while I was at a birthday party with my son. I went to check it out when I go home and noticed the doors were at least a quarter inch off and there was a large dent in the door and several scratches, one of them at least 6 inches long. We called the store and to make a long story short, were pretty ticked after speaking to some very rude employees, it turns out that they sent us the floor model. We did buy it on clearance, but wanted a new one, so we called several stores and were assured we were getting a brand new one in a box. (the last one in the area) Either way, I am not happy and am waiting to hear back from the store manager about how they are going to make it right. It is really too bad because the fridge is really cool. (They Griswolded fridgey on their way out, or I might ask for it back.)

One of the scratches.
On another note, we put a big piece in the puzzle kitchen this weekend. 
Getting ready to hang the upper. ($40)

Upper cabinet hung, working on a counter.

New counter top.

A piece of leftover bead board to cover unfinished panel on tall cabinet. 

I wanted to put a coffee station here, but the cabinet is too low, so it is a toast station. Toast anyone?

Increased counter space by 1/3rd! Nothing matches, no paint yet, but very functional! We are on our way. :) (I might just be able to win an ugly kitchen contest now)



No comments:

Post a Comment